Diving Trip to Komodo on Ambai Liveaboard
All you need to know about this trip
Komodo Dive Cruise July 21-29, 2017 Factsheet
- 3 daily dives + 1 night dive per day according to program
- 80 cf tank
- All meals and snacks on board
- Drinking water, soft drinks, hot drinks
- Airport- boat transfers at arrival an departure
- Fuel surcharge
- Nitrox fills for certified nitrox divers
- Free advice about connecting flights and eventual stop over in Indonesia
- Park entry and harbour fees: 125€/cruise/pax
- Upper deck cabin extra charge: 160€/cruise/pax
- 100 cf dive tank: 50€/cruise/pax
- Dive equipment rental, beers, wine and spirits, expresso, laundry
- International and domestic airfare
- One transit night depending of your connecting flights
Terms & Conditions
- A 20% deposit for booking confirmation
- The balance must be paid 60 days before cruise departure
Embark & Disembark
- Embark - Disembark: Labuanbajo
- At your arrival at airport, our staff will be there to pick you up: you will easily identify them wearing their Ambai dive cruise T-shirt and a folder mentioning your name and our logotype.
- Check in: the cruise starting date, before 12:00pm.
- Check out: at the cruise ending date, before 12:00pm.
Domestic Flights & in Transit Accommodations
You will need a return flight Denpasar-Labuanbajo-Denpasar in connection with your international flights. Your can also purchase a return flight Jakarta-Labuanbajo-Jakarta but the flight is via Denpasar-Bali.
The flights from Bali to Komodo leave early in the morning, then you must spend one transit night in Bali before your diving trip to Komodo. After the trip one transit night in Bali should be not necessary depending of your return international flight.
So complicated? Contact Us We have the most competitive airfare (domestic & international) and accommodations for all range of budget.
Diving in Komodo National Park
Komodo National Park is one of the greatest dive destinations, and one of the most diverse and rich marine environments in the world. These small islands fringed with sandy beaches are home of the famous Komodo dragon that you may patrolling the beach or see you from viewing a rock. The coral reefs in the north of the park are rich with colorful combination of hard and soft corals. Be delighted with the schools of anthias, wrasses, angelfish and predators like reef sharks, tunas, and giant trevallies. In the South, soft corals color explode in variety and intensity together with numerous nudibranchs. Komodo offers a wide-range of diving experiences: high voltage current dives, drift dives gentle, colorful walls dives along drop offs, monumental boulders, seamounts, pinnacles and sandy slopes. Komodo is ideally to spot manta rays, turtles, and sometimes even whale sharks.
Barracudas, surgeonfish, bumphead parrotfish, trevally and giant trevally, Napoleon wrasse, wobbegong shark, tunas, mackarels, manta rays, mobulas, seahorses, frogfish, leaf fish, scorpionfish, black corals forests, gorgonian fields, soft corals, gorgonian fields.
Visibility is excellent in the whole northern part of the strait and on the way from Denpasar to Komodo. In the south it may be lower in some specific areas or for short periods.
Temperature is 27°C in the north. Much cooler in the south with around 22-24°C. A 5 mm long wetsuit and a hood are recommended for this diving trip.
Komodo Park is well known for its consistent currents that can be dangerous. Ambai Liveaboard has a real experience of the scuba diving sites. We pay very much attention to dive at the right place at the right time in order to avoid that uncomfortable and dangerous currents. Before each dive, briefings will inform you about the diving conditions and advises will be given to always keep the dives safe. However, a strong scuba diving experience is required for this fabulous cruise. A reef hook can be useful.
Number of Dives
- During this diving trip you will perform a minimum of 24 dives
- 1 or 2 dives the day of arrival
- 3 dives / day every day of the cruise
- 6 night dives
- 1 dive the day before disembarking, maybe 2 according to your flight schedule (24h/No FLY)
- Dive time: 60 minutes
- Maximum Depth: 35 meters
- Dives into the safety curves
- Bearing systematic security
- 1 dive-guide / 4 divers maximum (4 guides/16 divers)
- Free nitrox for certified divers (possibility of certification on board)
- 3 fibreglass tenders
- The crew is at your service to carry your tank and gear
- 1 personal towel for your return from diving
- 1st dive: 07:00am
- 2nd dive: 10:30am
- 3rd dive: 02:30pm
- Night dive: 06:30pm
Due to the large number of dives and the remoteness of the location, we urge divers to stay within the safety curve, to comply with a maximum depth of 35 meters, and to systematically perform a safety stop. Depending on the guests dive experience, aspirations (photography, macro, etc), and eventual use of nitrox (free for certified divers), the cruise director will arrange the diving groups. These groups are made up of four divers and a dive guide. The dive guides are rotating on a daily basis. Each diver is given a dive tank (DIN & INT available, no need for adapters) and a single location for the duration of the cruise. A briefing will be conducted by the director of cruises or one of the guides before each dive. It will provide guidance on the site topography, depths, currents and potential hazards, as well as on marine life and the species represented. The divers should always carry a marker buoy. The staff carries your tank between the MV Ambai and the dinghies and back. to the dinghies, tanks are disposed in slots and the guide will help you to gear just before to roll back for the dive. Identification books of flora and local fauna are available on board, and the dive guides or the skipper will always help you to identify the strange animal you just saw underwater.
Respect of Nature Guidelines
We will request the participants to fill up on board a statement of fitness for the dive activities. We will ask you to carefully respect the fauna and flora: have adequate buoyancy to avoid touching the substrate or break any corals; do not touch the animals, do not collect anything; do not to harass wildlife to photography and moderate the number of flashes you impose on them. The use of gloves is not allowed.
Navigation & Itinerary
The itinerary varies slightly between each cruise depending on weather conditions, currents, visibility and diving.
The weather is generally dry and sunny with a refreshing breeze. The sea is flat within the strait, can be more choppy and welly in the southern part.
Follow the link AMBAI LIVEABOARD TECHNICAL DATA
Service on Board
Behind the MV Ambai there is also and mainly a discreet, professional, smiling and friendly crew. Our team will treat you with some special attentions, will assist you if necessary and will carry your tank.
The cuisine is a mix of eastern and western specialties, a superb fusion made by our expert chef that will never let you hungry. Shall you have special food requirement or a particular alimentary diet (vegetarian or allergy), our chef will adapt the meals for your greatest pleasure. The meals are served at table, no buffet.
There are some dive equipment to rent on board. However, all sizes are not necessarily available, so please book for it before the cruise.
- Complete regulator with octopus and pressure gauge 7€/ day
- BCD 7€/day
- Wetsuit 5€/day
- Torch 5€/day
- Dive Computer 5€/day
- Fins 2€/day
- Diving mask 2€/day
- Available on board rods and hooks in stainless, gear for snorkelling 10€/day
Dive Courses on Board
Our cruises are open to divers Padi Advanced Level 2 or equivalent with at least 50 dives logged. Less experienced divers can also participate with a specific supervision that have to be arranged before the cruise.
An insurance covering medical evacuation and diving accidents is compulsory. It will be requested upon arrival on board.
Extras - Payments on Board
- All extras are payable in cash on board.
- We can not receive payment by credit card.
- Currencies accepted on board: EUR, USD, CHF, IDR.
They reflect your level of satisfaction with the service on board. As an indication: 5%-10% of the cruise rate.
What you don’t need bring with you on board
- Are provided on board: towels and toiletries, soap, shampoo and toothpaste.
- Electrical outlets round European type are founded in the cabins, lounge, camera room.
- Hair dryer available on request.
Cruising Indonesia | The Liveaboard & Diving Specialists
We are committed to ensuring you a perfect diving holiday. You only choose your dream diving destination and we will arrange everything you need: your dive cruise, the grounding services, the international & domestic flights, a special sojourn in a magnificent villa, an amazing tour...